Mixing business with family.
I have been living at my current residence for just a little over 5 years now. All along I have been cutting my own grass and tending to the yard, which is not terribly big, we have a quarter acre lot. This year however especially since May, I have noticed a lot of snakes on my property. I told my fiance I would like to hire a landscapping company to cut it, as I am dredfully afraid of snakes. He suggested getting his brother in law who ownes a landscaping business in the city to do it. I personally would rather hire a stranger, since his family and I had a falling out about 2 years ago. Regardless of my feelings towards his family I let him do what he wanted, so that later the family would not accuse me of giving the business to a competetor. He called his brother in law, and asked him to do the yard, the brother in law agreed and said he would put us on hi schedule. He also does my neighbors lawn, and I noticed that he had cut the neighbors but not ours. today while I was at work my son called me to tell me the (landscaper) had been here, looked at the yard and had driven off, he didn't even exit his vehicle. Later my fiance calls me to say that his sister had called him to say her husband would not be able to do the lawn. The excuse she gave was that the yard was sloped to high for his mower and he was unable to fit the mower through the gate to the back yard. I knew already that he had not walked the yard. Keep in mind my back yard gate is double gated so unless he was driving a simi he could fit through had he opened both sides. He obviously just didn't want to do the job, but didn't have the valor to say so, and had to have his wife call with excuses. I really don't mind that he doesn't want to do the work. From the get go I preferred to hire a stranger verse having to deal with family drama. What tickles my fancy is he was not sincere, or direct. I think he might of been offended and might of thought we were belittling him, buy having him as am employee. I later found out that one of my fiances brothers had asked to have his yard cut and it had not been done either. I was going to pay for the job, which he had quoted $65. per month. I just hate shaddy people with no guts..
No comments:
Post a Comment