#forgiving, #childhoodmemories
Does one really need to forgive those who harm us in order to get peace of mind
I personally don't think everything is forgiveable, there are things that I have experienced in my personal life, I can't bring myself to forgive those who have marked my soul for all of eternity. How can I forgive those who have done such harm to both myself as well as my loved ones. As a child when most of this harm was done, It didn't bother me as it does now in my adult life. I have had extensive counseling, therapy, been put on countless anti-depressants, but the images keep coming back to haunt me. One of my many therapist once told me that the reason why these issues didn't bother me as a child was due to me thinking that this was how life was, these things happened in every ones families, this must be what is meant to be. I was also once told by a therapist that as a child when people hurt you, we think that we are bad kids, therefore bad things happen to bad kids. I don't know if these theories of his are accurate or not. As I said before what happened in my childhood only started to haunt me in my adult life.
I was once told me that I should write letters to the people who have hurt me, tell them how I feel, let them know how there actions affected me. I never did, but I never forgot that he mentioned that. I would love to hear from other people who have had bad experiences as children, how they are coping with it? I need all the help I can get at this point, cause nothing I have done so far has done me any good. Someday I hope to write a book, about my childhood experiences in detail. I have started but it's been years since I wrote. I am afraid of who people will react to what I have to say...
No comments:
Post a Comment