Cat on Fire
I don't know what made my father mad at the cat. I don't remember if it was a ferro or if it was our pet. All I remember is one night my father pored gasoline all over the cat and lit it on fire, in our kitchen. We were not allowed to help the cat. We were all so afraid of my father cause he was so violent, we would just stare and watch in fear. The poor cat burned alive, I remember him running around the house on fire, burning. I was probably 6 or 7 maybe younger, but I have never forgotten even at my age. It seems the things I lived through in my childhood bother me more now then they did back then. I have had lots of counseling throughout my life, but it has not made me forget. I guess now it bothers me more cause I know it's not normal for these things to happen. Back then I maybe thought everyone's life was as fucked up as ours, and this happened in everyone's house. I pray that god has forgiven my father for all the bad things he did in his life. and I pray that he is in heaven and has found peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment