Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The unfortunate dog who ate eggs. 
ferrugenn Translated to Rusty.
One of our unfortunate pets was a German Shepard named ferruge(I am pretty sure I am misspelling it} Which translates to Rusty. I don't recall many details about the dog, what sticks out in my mind is how he came to loose his life. Apparently the dog would eat the eggs that the chickens would lay. We grew up with lots of chickens, they were free to rome as they pleased and we would gather the eggs to eat. I assume the dog did the same out of hunger, poor thing. My mother must of complained to my father about this, so he made it his business to put an end to it. I remember he opened the front door to our very small cottage looking home, set an egg in the door way, and called the dog by his name. When the dog came to fetch the egg from the door way, my father hit him in the head with a 2 by 4. I don't know if the dog died instantly, I hope he did, I hope he didn't suffer. These memories haunt me day in day out. Sometimes I get such bad anxiety that I feel my heart is going to pump it's way out of my chest. They keep me up at night, there are some nights I don't get any sleep. No matter how much I try to block it out. They stay with me. I pray that my father was forgiven and allowed into heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rose Oil Hair Mask-Hydrating & Volumizing Formula   This rose oil hair mask is a game-changer for fine, dry hair. The formula feels rich...