The best and easiest way how to propagate fig tree from cuttings.
The fig tree is one of the easiest tree to propagate from cuttings.
I currently have 4, Fig trees that are probably 10 years old, maybe older. I have 4 others that are probably 4 years old. These are all in the ground. I have I believe about 15 or so in pots which are prolongations from the 4 older trees.
The best way I have found for higher rate of success is definitely the green house affect.
When the cutting is first put in the soil, do spray the bottle to create humidity and put the cover on it, make sure it is nice and snug in the soil.
Once the leaves start to open up from the buds, start loosening the cap.
Do not forget to harden them before full exposure to the elements.
Happy Gardening.
No comments:
Post a Comment